I’m just going to put this out there – posting your business goals out there for everyone to see is ridiculously scary. Once it’s out there, it just feels so permanent and so public that if you accomplish anything less, you’re going to be considered a failure. It’s almost one of those things that you want to throw out a softball for just so that you can have a nice, tidy little public victory.
But here’s the thing – no one ever accomplished big things by setting small goals. Yes, small, achievable goals will get you someplace in the end, but it’s not going to generate the powerful motion you need to make a real sea change in your business or in your life. If you want to make big changes, you’ve got to set some big goals, and that’s what I’m doing with my second list. This list is all about the things that I want to accomplish for Pink Bulldog by the end of 2014. Some of these goals are more achievable than others, but they are all important to me making a big change for my life.
List #2: My Business Goals for 2014:
Pardon the handwriting (and the doodles). If you don’t want to take the time to make sense out of my messy handwriting, here’s what it says:
- Create at least 100 high-quality graphic prints
- Set up a website and a blog where I post at least 4 times per week
- Launch an Etsy shop
- Grow website traffic to at least 1,000 uniques per month
- Generate at least $1,000 in sales per month (1st tier of success)
- Launch social media for Pink Bulldog to help support/drive traffic
- Create a brand and business that I am proud of and that my family will respect
Like I said, it’s not going to be easy and it’s going to take time, but I also think that with the right level of commitment, it’s all totally doable. Watch for List #3 coming at you tomorrow!